Monday, April 2, 2012

Travel with the Met

I am 1 part adventurous, 1 part nerdy, and 1 part foodie. 
So when it comes to traveling, I love a good tour.  
I am a proud member of the Metropolitan Museum of Art. So when I got their recent
"Travel with the Met" brochures I was beyond excited. 



I was like Ralphie when he got his Orphan Annie secret decoder ring.
I get this way every time I get something from The Met, White Horse Inn, and Anthropologie...and any fun snail mail from friends and family of course.

 Anyhoo...Check out some of these great tours The Met offers and let your
nerdy, foodie, adventurous self enjoy...

Rome to Naples aboard Sea Cloud II


May 15–23, 2012
See the extraordinary mosaics in Palermo's Palace of the Norman Kings before sailing among the Aeolian Islands and along the spectacular Amalfi Coast to Paestum. Explore fashionable Capri, and continue to Naples to visit Capodimonte and Herculaneum. Optional prelude in Rome and postlude in Sorrento.
Cruise rates: from $6,995

Treasure Cities of Northern Spain



May 11–21, 2012
Discover the unknown cities of northern Spain. Stay in former palaces and savor famous Castillian and Basque cuisine. In Madrid, overnight at the Hotel Ritz and visit the Prado. Admire the celebrated Romanesque churches in the small town of Zamora and travel to Salamanca to see its architectural treasures. In Valladolid, one of the most important cities in Spain, tour the astonishing Museum of Sculpture. Conclude in Bilbao with a visit to Frank Gehry's Guggenheim Museum.
Land rate: $7,995


Lyon to Arles aboard MS AmaDagio


May 1–10, 2012
On a scenic French river cruise, discover charming Provençal towns and enjoy wonderful food and wine. Board AmaDagio in Lyon and visit museums and palaces in Dijon, Beaune, and Avignon. See Aix-en-Provence or travel to the Camargue before concluding in Arles. Optional Geneva prelude.
Land/cruise rates: from $4,995




The Met is just so cool on so many levels...hosting travel tours definitely takes the cake for me.       
I won't be able to go on any of these awesome tours this year, but there is always next year...and I don't think the Met is going anywhere, at least not in my lifetime I hope.

Happy Travels!

1 comment: