Monday, March 12, 2012

Mr. Sandman...bring me a dream...

Here I am awake in the middle of the night...
I just started my night rotation at work and it is not that fun having to force your body into this weird sleep submission, and then into this jolting awake state when you should be asleep.  Nonetheless, I am trying my best to create a very relaxing sleep environment, but it requires just the right elements.

Sleepwear...


I love these vintage PJs from Jcrew.  I actually have this pair and they are so perfect for a comfortable nights sleep.  The cool cotton material and roomy fit keep me feeling comfy and stylish all in one. 

I also like these sleep shirts by Ralph Lauren.



And just a couple more cute sleepwear options from Anthropologie.  Honestly the blue Chemise could be mistaken for a cocktail dress.  Not even kidding, I bought a sleepwear item at Anthropologie unknowingly and have worn it several times as a sundress.  Busted!

There is a lot of great sleep wear out there, but comfort is key.  You want the fabric to feel good against your skin while allowing for some temperature regulation. 

 


Eye wear...

Since I have to sleep during the day I need to trick my body into believing that it is night time.  I still haven't found a great eye mask that I love, but maybe these options could be of help...


This mask is by Tempur-Pedic and has gotten some pretty high reviews.  It looks pretty comfortable and durable, and the reviewers said it blocks out 100% of the light. 

These pair are pretty fun, come in a variety of colors, and were recommened by Dr. Oz.  You can buy these neoprene eye masks from Shop Kitson or The Dreamstate.  I may just try these bad boys out.


Bedding...

Now I already have a great bedding combo going on with some sateen sheets I bought from Costco, some great fluffy pillows, and an awesome quilt and bedspread from Anthropologie, but if I were to change things up a bit, I would opt for these options to help me get my Z's...



 
These beauties are both from Anthropologie.  Did I tell you I really like that store?

After rounding up a pair of earplugs, some black-out curtains/eye mask, great PJ's, and a comfy bed to sleep in, may the force be with you if you must tackle night shifts!

Buenas noches...


2 comments: