Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Where in the World is...La Vida Luna???

Hello all your hepcats, hopcats, and Savoy swingers!  I've returned for an update of my weekly shenanigans...which includes Swing dancing!  I used to do a lot of dancing when I lived back in Tucson.  By a lot I mean every chance I got. I took a couple private lessons a week at Shall We Dance, I joined Ritmos Latinos (UofA salsa club), and would attend various dances throughout the week to practice my skills.  I loved it!  My two favorite dances were, hands down, swing and salsa.  I gave up dancing for a while (for a guy...ugh! I hate that I did that.  I must move on and swear never to do that again.), but once I moved to Seattle I told myself I would do two things 1) Become a volunteer at the Seattle Aquarium and 2) Get back into dancing.  I did just that and signed up for a class through Savoy Swing.  I am having the best time and there is so much to love about dancing from the great workout to the great clothes. 

Here are a few images of swing dancers from the movie Swing Kids.   





Swing dancing brings the vintage right out of you just like in these photos!  More to come on shoes, clothing, and etiquette!

Enjoy this swing dancing video to get inspired before you go enjoy your day!



2 comments: